3... 2... 1... Liftoff!

     Bonjour! Good day!
     Here we are, the very first post of A Writer's Pen. If all goes to plan, I will be posting here every Monday (Update: this has since switched to every other Thursday). My hope for this blog is that I will be able to help and encourage other writers through their courageous venture through the exhilarating (and at times, quite grueling) process of picking up the pen!
     They say that "The pen is mightier than the sword". And I'm sure anyone who has wielded one will agree that, at times, it certainly feels as heavy as a sword! Many of us may remember beginning to feel that first spark of a writer inside of us. For most, it was fanned by a passionate love of reading. But once you picked up that pen (or, let's be honest, opened that laptop) then, bam. Just like that. Gone is the idea of carelessly writing out half a dozen chapters without pause. In place of that is the knowledge of the painstaking, hand-wringing, brain-hurting, and sleep-depriving process of writing.
     We all love it, don't we?
      ...
      ...
      In all seriousness, I do love it. True, it can be hard (very hard), but there is so much more to it than that. There is beauty in words, power in words, and once you see that, you cannot get their swirling colors out of your head. Tthe real joy of writing is glorifying God through it.
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31
   Words have power, and if you look at the Scriptures you can see that. We have the gift of words, a great gift indeed, which we can use to glorify God our Heavenly Father. Do you take this gift for granted? Are you using it to glorify God or man?
     There you have it, the first post (I hope of many to come!). And if you happen to look at the About page, then, yes, I did copy and paste most of this post. There's nothing like recycling, aye? I hope that this blog will thrive and glorify God.
    ~Madelyn

Comments

  1. DUDE I had no idea you were so good at writing. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking forward to writing more ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the post!! So great! Cant wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Red!! I appreciate your encouragement!

      Delete
  3. That was so cool!!! I'm super excited to see more :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you comment, please sign your name :)

Popular posts from this blog

Words

Flash Fiction Contest!