Today's Article Postponed

    Due to a difficult past couple of weeks, today's post will be moved to next Thursday. I have it in the works, but I'm afraid that I will be unable to complete it today.
    However, I'd be more than happy to share with you a sneak peek for next week's article! 

    We've read the practical descriptions that tell us when the wind is icy or the room is airy. We've read the flashy descriptions that dazzle us with flamboyant words and elaborate designs.
    And then we've read the magical descriptions.
    The kind that breathes the life into listless scrawls of ink and gives sight a reader's "mind's eye". A story that lays neatly on a page in fine black print, but flares with color and dances with light when it meets thought.
    How can a writer create imagery such as this? How can they depict something in a way that will engage readers rather than bore them?


    I hope that you join me next week for How to Captivate Readers With Magical Descriptions!
    Have a great week!
    ~Madelyn



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words

3... 2... 1... Liftoff!

Flash Fiction Contest!